View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 07:34 AM

Default Re: M-Audio 2626 vs. 002R/Blacklion Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77pro View Post
Why not save your money and buy a high-end convertor that will actually make a difference?
Hence, the other side of the "argument".

Why not get a 003R modded, then raise your rates and make the money you spent on the mod back. Everyone who does business with me had absolutely no qualms about me raising what I charge a little after hearing recordings made with the mod, and it paid for it self in a little over a month.

Results may vary of course, but I think it was worth every penny.

Now, as has been said, you're not speaking with someone who has compared the two. Also, I learned of the mod after owning my 002R for a few years.

Would I have bought a 002R, had it modded, versus buying a 2626 and getting straight away to work? I don't know about that.

It was a matter of improving (quite a bit) something I already had, where there was no real option of getting that type of quality increase without crossing a significant price gap.

Since it sounds like you don't have anything right now, go with what will get your work done at a level acceptable to who you're doing it for. I guess the question should really be is how a stock 003 compares to a 2626?

IMO, getting the 003R will leave you with the option of a relatively low cost, but (IMHO) high quality mod for the 003R or saving for a high-end converter.
Win7 64 Ultimate - Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz - Gigabyte EX58-UD3R - OCZ Gold 6GB - Radeon X550 256MB Video Card - 750GB Caviar Black System, 500GB Hitachi SATA Sample, and 750GB Caviar Black Audio - 500GB Caviar Blue Backup - Pro Tools 8.0.4 LE - Signature Series Digi 002R