View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Satellite and Video LE Link. Will this work?

Thanks Bob for your quick reply. Your interpretation of my not entirely clear assumptions was not quite right.

Each of the suites operate completely independently, each suite running it's own video satellite system, allowing the SFX Editor, ADR Editor and Foley Editor to be working simulteneously on the same or on different parts of the film. Come final dubbing, each editor switches their PTHD system to satellite mode (disconnecting from their respective video satellites) and being controlled from the dubbing theatre system (with it's own video satellite) and the dubbing theatre's D-Control. Each of the editors then relocates to the dubbing theatre to assist the dubbing engineer.

With this in mind, do you have any answers for any of my questions? Also, can you point me to a document explaining exactly how and what the D-Control would be able control on the satellite systems?

So, what I would like to create is 3 completely independant post suites plus a dubbing theatre which when time comes to do the final dubbing becomes one huge system with 800ish simultenous audio channels. This set up could have a great workflow and handle all the audio post requirements of even a pretty large budget feature film but at a much lower price than the more traditional feature film audio post facility.

Thanks, Greg

Last edited by Greg Malcangi; 01-28-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Better explanation