View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Midi Bounce to Disk file Missing Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenengle View Post
This is a guitar track, and I was using MusicLab's RealEight plugin. However, this was working fine for months, I have been successfully bouncing this track with no problems, and then two days ago a couple notes stopped working when bounced. The notes sounded OK when I played the Midi track, but they did not play when I bounced the Midi track. Fortunately, slightly shortening the notes resolved the problem without impacting the music.

Steve
It's enough to drive one to drink (Jack Daniels thank you very much)

Sometimes it works, sometimes it barfs. When I get something like this I just fix the issue at hand and don't sweat why it happened. The ones that I have issue with are the instruments in the EWQLSO symphonic Orchestra sample library. Some of the instruments have ill-defined sample lengths (orchestral instruments will never sustain infinitely) and will play fine but when rendered to audio may cut out on long notes. So what I'll do in that case is watch if notes of the same pitch are not too close together and if they are I'll slightly change the note start or end or in some cases where the note is too long and sometimes cuts out I'll split the long note into smaller bits usually split at measure boundaries.

QAPLA!