View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Are there any advantages to moving beyond Catalina for Pro Tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Directly to the OP question; No.
From what I can see and read about, there is absolutely nothing you and I are missing out on, you on Catalina, and me on Big Sur. Only reason I'm not still on Catalina is that my M1 Mini can't run anything earlier than Big Sur.

I'm expecting to stay put until the next generation of Macs come out (M3?) and I'll be forced to make another jump.

Of course, there might be a PT release in the near or far future that introduces functionality that we would like to have, and won't be qualified to run on Catalina. But for me, even PT2020 has everything I need.
Ok thanks all, yeah this was pretty much the conclusion I had come to. I just wanted to see if anyone jumped in & said that a later O.S was made PT any more responsive.

Will stick with Catalina for now, but am getting Monterey & Ventura partitions added for when the time comes.

re: Apple silicon, great that PT should fly on it (I have am M1 home/test rig), but I have 40 channels of D-Command that Avid have just made redundant, so won't be moving my studio rig to that any time soon, if ever, unless anyone there has a change of heart.

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com