View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Control App pops up plug in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Makes no sense to me.
Doesn't matter what tab I'm in on ipad Control. My plugin window disappears when I click on faders and controls in PT windows with the mouse.

If I deselect the six options; Track name, Faders etc. the plugin window stays open when I move around in PT. Also when I select a plugin on the Artist Mix, the plugin shows up on-screen, so far that's working the way I want it.

Attachment 16350

Here's from the Eucontrol manual:

Surface Attention Follows DAW
(Requires Pro Tools 2019.5 or Later)
You can optimize how EUCON surfaces react to actions on-screen in your DAW using the Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area options in the General tab of EuControl Settings.
Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area settings in EuControl Settings > General
Enable any available setting to control when a mouse click tells the surface to attention a track. For example, if Edit Window is en- abled and you click in the time line or clicking/selecting a clip in your DAW, that track is automatically attentioned on your con- troller. If Edit Window is not enabled, clicking in the time line or clicking/selecting a clip will not attention that track.
If using Pro Tools 2018.12 or earlier, consider disabling these settings to avoid possible undesirable behaviors. 

I guess it's the sentence:
'Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area' that I've had trouble understanding, but I think it means simply; when I click on one of these items in PT, the surface follows.

OK. I don't need that. I mostly either work on the Artistmix or on the screen, I don't need that interaction, really.

(Side note: I was expecting DUC to give me an error on this post, since I had quotes from the eucontrol manual with more complex formatting. Shure enough - Access denied. Again I used my simple trick to remove formatting and/or hidden characters in the text by copying-pasteintostickies-copy-pasteback into the posting box. Worked on first try.)
You are quoting my reply to s.d.'s issue. Not yours.
I gave you the answer to your issue in post 8 with an explanation (and your bigger screenshot confirms my suspicions)