View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Control App pops up plug in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
it's your Open Windows on Workstation set to Avid Control that is doing it. Set that to off.
My guess is you are in Channel tab on your Control app. That reads as panner by default so then it opens the panner window.
It's like a giant feedback loop: You select something in Pro Tools, that switches things on Eucon devices and because something is up on Eucon devices, it opens windows on Pro Tools.
Makes no sense to me.
Doesn't matter what tab I'm in on ipad Control. My plugin window disappears when I click on faders and controls in PT windows with the mouse.

If I deselect the six options; Track name, Faders etc. the plugin window stays open when I move around in PT. Also when I select a plugin on the Artist Mix, the plugin shows up on-screen, so far that's working the way I want it.

Skjermbilde 2022-09-24 kl. 17.36.07.png

Here's from the Eucontrol manual:

Surface Attention Follows DAW
(Requires Pro Tools 2019.5 or Later)
You can optimize how EUCON surfaces react to actions on-screen in your DAW using the Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area options in the General tab of EuControl Settings.
Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area settings in EuControl Settings > General
Enable any available setting to control when a mouse click tells the surface to attention a track. For example, if Edit Window is en- abled and you click in the time line or clicking/selecting a clip in your DAW, that track is automatically attentioned on your con- troller. If Edit Window is not enabled, clicking in the time line or clicking/selecting a clip will not attention that track.
If using Pro Tools 2018.12 or earlier, consider disabling these settings to avoid possible undesirable behaviors. 

I guess it's the sentence:
'Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area' that I've had trouble understanding, but I think it means simply; when I click on one of these items in PT, the surface follows.

OK. I don't need that. I mostly either work on the Artistmix or on the screen, I don't need that interaction, really.

(Side note: I was expecting DUC to give me an error on this post, since I had quotes from the eucontrol manual with more complex formatting. Shure enough - Access denied. Again I used my simple trick to remove formatting and/or hidden characters in the text by copying-pasteintostickies-copy-pasteback into the posting box. Worked on first try.)