View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Cannot update Dock Firmware?!!

Please help.

I have a brand new unit, and like others have noted, the firmware will not upgrade.

AVID SUPPORT CASE# 04398683.

Current firmware: 1.1.18.0
Desired firmware: 21.8.1.0

The unit was purchased from a major reseller that moves a lot of units, so I would think that this would not be ancient stock. Manufacture date seems to be: “061021”.

S/N is ENEEJ14000003G.*
P/N is 9100-65779-03 REV. G*

When updating the firmware via EuCon 2021.10.1.29 (4.8.3.29) it updates too quickly in that the progress bar runs for less than two seconds, as noted in this thread previously.

When I then power off and then on again the unit, the firmware has not taken.

Please note that there is no issue with my network, and I’ve successfully updated many Artist Mix un its, Artist Control, as well as two new S1 units without issue.

Avid support determined it seemed to be a hardware issue.
SO THE DEALER SENDS A NEW UNIT.

The new unit is from the same manufacture date, and I warned my dealer and Avid I would expect the same problem if the unit is from the same batch.

Just as I expected, SAME PROBLEM.

One thing I noticed is that my unit shows up in EuControl when I do a “Show Info…” for the dock as:
“PCB: 0”

My dock I use at another studio is “PCB:1” and a different studio “PCB:2”.

MY TWO QUESTIONS:

1) IS THIS AN OLDER UNIT?
It could possibly be PCB:0 for a newer revision of the board, there is no way for me to tell, and Avid (after I asked them this related to my support ticket) has just basically said that the new unit should solve the problem. Of course it doesn’t.

2) IS THERE A TRICK I'M MISSING?
Basically, I just run the firmware update. I click “Done”, then I power off and then on again the unit. I’ve also tried waiting quite a while before powering off, but it makes no difference.

Help is appreciated.

Thank you.