View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 09:19 AM

Default Re: ADAT Bridge 24bit - internal battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Do you have a unit that is not working? Does that unit save any settings(which would require a battery)? Since its way out of warrantee, just pop the lid and have a look. Odds are if it has one, it will likely be obvious(probably a CR2032-style) round, silver and about the size of a quarter. Odds are also pretty good that it will be soldered in place, and while you can find that style on line, you can also solder in 2 pieces of solid wire, make a loop(for more contact area), hold the loops against each side of the battery and wrap with a high-tack tape like this:
https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Home Depot has small rolls that are not expensive. I've done 3 devices this way and all are still in service after several years
Hi albee1952 - Dave and thanks for your prompt reply.
The point is: I'm not talking about a generic unit, what I need to know is if the ADAT BRIDGE 24 bit has any kind of backup battery installed into it. I can't check it out cause I don't have it here. I'm trying to solve an issue for a friend oversea.
So, what I'd need to know is if the digidesign ADAT BRIDGE does have a battery installed. And in case, what it use the battery for.
I have had two ADAT BRIDGE in the past but I can't recall nothing about a batteries. Might be my fault..... that's why I'm asking on here.
Thanks again.
Cheers.