Thread: VSS3 conflicts
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 03:27 PM

Default VSS3 conflicts

Hi,

I'm having conflicts with TC electronics VSS3 and now possibly Surcode PLII rtas plugin.

One major symptom is that I can't change the amount of voices and/or number of processors within a session. Prior to fixing permissions on individual plugin and folders, a session wouldn't launch if it had the VSS3 plugin in it. However I could get very small 2 or 3 track sessions with VSS3 to launch successfully.
Upon session relaunch, it freezes in the middle of the launch...usually on the one or two of the same track names.

I thought we had narrowed this down to a permissions issue, but apparently not. We've been through the normal repair permissions, throw away prefs, etc a million times. Double checked the plugin compatibility grid. Do not have any waves plugins on this computer.

After having a workable solution as long as I didn't change system voice or rtas processor settings, everything was fine.....until I installed Surcode. I then relaunched a session and it would hang (as it did in regards to VSS3)

Any ideas on this???

thanks

PT 7.4.2
OS Leopard 10.5.4
4GB factory ram
HD3 Accel