View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 PM

Exclamation ¡HELP! ¿How to Create MP3 Stereo file?

Hi guys, this is my first post I Couldn`t explain my problem very well at the tittle but I will do it below

I`ve been using protools 9 at IOs since 2 months ago, so Im a noobie, I`ve download reference guides and all that stuff and I`ve learn to much with it; and I`ve realize that is as hard as I though, but I know I will make it

So here is my problem:

Im recordding a song with a portable reccord box and when I come home I edit andfix the audio with protools, I set almost everything, well... I already finish my proyect, i guess, but all this time I forgot the most important thing, HOW CAN I PASS MY PROYECT TO AN MP3 STEREO FILE!!???

I`ve set al the audio on diferent mono track and with the protools mixer`s paner, or balance ball, the side or balace of each instrument, but when I play it on protools it is always in mono, and the db bars of L and R moves as the same level all the time. I though that was becouse every time I imoport an audio file I set it on mono track, becouse if I chose a stereo track I can`t import a wav file if it dosen`t have the .L with the paralel .R file. So after all of this I continue, I bounce my project into a multi mono bounce(?) and it ran well, it makes me 2 mp3 files with extension .L.mp3 and other with .R.mp3, I gues that after that I should combine it as we do when we download those zip or winrar files hat came in parts and you should put the together to get 1 file. I opned a new session on protools 9, I add a new stereo Track and select the 2 files with L and R, and they open sucsesfuly, but again, when I play them on protools I still listen it on mono, but this time the db bars of L and R works independly and the wave form of L and R are diferent so I guess thats a good new . I bounce it again on Multimono and gives me again 2 mp3 files with an R and L extension. So my cuestion after all my story is... HOW CAN I MAKE A ESTEREO MP3 FILE?

I`ve check the way I root my monitors and they are ok, I if open an mp3 song with protools I can Listen the stereo track, And I also check it with headphones, I put them Into the Mbox and direct to the PC and the problem its still there

THANKS

sorry if I get grammar mistakes, Englis is not my native lenguaje.