View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 05:11 PM

Default Need a little PC advice.

I have a couple of HD/IDE realted questions. First off let me give you all my specs:

- AMD 64 3200+
- Gigabyte K8NPRO MOBO.
- 1G DDR Samsung
- 40G WD HD
- 80G WD HD.
- Pioneer DVD/WR.
- G550 Matrox.
- WinXP
- Digi 002R.

When I originally built my PC I connected my OS and Audio Drives to IDE 1 (OS Drive was set to master, Audio Drive was set to slave). I also had a Removable HD Tray (master) and DVD/WR (slave) on IDE 2. But in this configuration I was experiencing alot of -6085 errors during record and playback. So what I did to kind of fix this issue was, completely remove the DVD and Removable Tray from IDE 2, and connected my OS Drive to IDE 1 alone and my Audio Drive to IDE 2 alone. Now my system work great, I havent experience any more errors so far (crossing my fingers and toes), but now I need to connect my DVD/WR. So my question is... Should I slave my DVD/WR to my OS drive or my Audio Drive? Is there anyway else that I can connect my DVD without slaving it to my drives?

By the way I decided to eliminate the Removalbe Tray for now. I hope I make sence, any advice or suggestions would really help. Thanks in advance.

Mucho Respect

Albert