View Single Post
Old 03-20-2001, 01:28 PM

Default Re: ATTENTION ADAT/PT LE USERS...

Hey Mike,

Yeah I took all of your suggestions and the record lag is all "BUT" gone. Still just a fraction of a second lag but, enough that it may interfere with manual Punch in/punch out.

I'll try your buffer settings. I may have had it to high because I began to get an error message about iterupts being held open too long. Although, I have the PCI slot (# 1) with 001 in it set to Priority in BIOS and I reserved the IRQ (# 5) that 001 selected for itself when it was installed and that may be part of the problem

I'll try removing the Asus drivers if they are there. I have been on accelerated learning curve since I got 001 and I sincerely don't remember if I installed them or not.

I also picked up the MOTU MTP AV yesterday and it looks like just the ticket! The Control Window looks like a piece of cake! I really can't say I've really done ANY midi before but, it shouldn't take too long to figure out. I know what channels are; what sys-x data is; what performance data is; what MTC and MMC are; so... now it's just a matter of applying that knowlege to real world situations.

My last question is probably going to be: "how do I align my ADAT time code to match my Pro Tools TC via "offset" I believe the MOTU manual covers a lot of this but I was pretty tired when I put down the MOTU manual. I probably read right over it and just forgot.

Hey Mocha,

If I'm understanding what Mike Pontif is saying... You can put the JL Cooper up on eBay. You won't need it! I see them going anywhere from $220.00 to $250.00 so you wouldn't be loosing much if any. Mine was $219.00 from Guitar Center in Atlanta. I hope you didn't pay too much.

Eric

Eric Heil
Angelic Productions, LLC
More Pro Tools rigs than I can shake a stick at...
www.AngelicLive.com
FaceBook Me!