View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 06:54 PM

Default Re: 2022.9 is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonopolis View Post
Great idea, but this is wishful thinking, unfortunately. This would only work if you could set or renumber the marker number. But we can only set the maker name. Still an improvement, I ran into the 999 limit on the last 2,5hr doc, too. The Avid blog post says "Hopefully a little work in the marker area can serve as foreshadowing for things to come." So, let's wait another 10 years...

You can renumber markers whenever you like, it is just a bit clunky. Its also not really an argument for not having more markers in Pro Tools.

Hopefully it is just the beginning. The most fluent way to deal with it to me, would be to have the ability to colour code and group markers into Pro Tools groups, with a very subtle 'marker universe' with vertical placement on the marker ruler differentiate between each colour/group.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.