View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Roland TD-10 Vrs. BFD Drums

This is an old thread but as I was reading thru it I thought I would update my thoughts.

I've actually stopped using BFD because for the longest time it was so hard to get the hats working realistically and it's a huge hog on the computer as well. IMHO, I think that BFD was released way before it should have been and customers have been paying for what I consider a "beta" software. Now that they are close to the version 2.0 release though I expect good things...

In the meantime, I came across EZ Drummer. The name alone turned me off. I resisted even looking at it or trying it because it just sounded like a Fisher-Price type plugin or toy.

I have to admit, I'm glad I didn't listen to myself.

It's much easier to use (hence, the repelling EZ in the name) and is less of a resource hog. There's already SOME work done on the acoustic samples which is why it sounds good right out of the box but you still have plenty of tweaking available to you for customization if you choose. The interface is absolutely gorgeous. One thing I dislike about BFD is the GUI.

I would like to try the DFH Superior now because that has all the bells and whistles that BFD does and I'm betting my money on the fact that the interface and ease of use is still more along the lines of their EZ stuff. I wish EZ had just a few more choices in their kits which is why DFHS will probably come in handy eventually.

For now, I'm real happy using EZ drumsets along with my Hart Dynamics kit to trigger them.