View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 04:59 PM

Default Solved: "Avid Eleven Rack Updater" not copied to Desktop during ERXP install.

Hi everyone,
I was trying to install the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack earlier today, and at the point in the install when it reported it had copied the Firmware Updater to my desktop, it actually hadn't.

I use two internal hard-drives in my MacBook Pro, one SSD, one traditional HDD (I'm using the OWC Data Doubler to accomplish this, very similar to the MCE OptiBay). I keep my Desktop folder on my second hard-disk, and my Applications and OS on my SSD. Anyway, apparently the ERXP installer does not look in the right spot for the Desktop location if your system is configured like this.

What I did to fix it:

After attempting to install from the "Install Eleven Rack Expansion Pack.mpkg" several times, rebooting, etc., I finally wound up:
1) right-clicking on "Install Eleven Rack Expansion Pack.mkpg", selecting "Show Package Contents"
2) Locating Eleven Rack Expansion Pack.pkg, again right-clicking "Show Package Contents"
3) Locate "archive.pax.gz", expand it by double-clicking. The contents will copy to the parent folder/tmp of "Install Eleven Rack Expansion Pack.mkpg"
4) Locate "Avid Eleven Rack Updater.app" (.app is hidden, btw) within that tmp folder, and run it.

I hope this works for you if you have the same problem.