View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Please Help! Kernel Panics! Anyone Else?

Sorry for the more urgent sounding subject...no one replied to my last thread.

I am still getting kernel panics out of the blue when using my mbox and monitors as my computers output. Here's all my specs.

I'm running 10.5.1 (though this was still happening back in tiger) on a MBP 15 inch (2.2 ghz, SR, 2gig ram)

I'm running protools 7.4 with an MBox2. Both of these have been fully reinstalled (both the protools and my comps operating system itself)

I've updated mbox2 firmware to 1.43 (or whatever it is). The only other mod i made was trashing a midi file (the one that caused the MIDI folder to show up in dock whenever using a midi process, but i did this after the kernel panics so im pretysure its not that)

I realize that this is very likely just a digidesign thing that they didnt get to yet, but i just wanna see if im the only one experiencing this.

To tell you the experience exactly, I'll be using my mbox to play music and general system sounds through my monitors which are hooked up through said mbox. Then randomly (usually when closing safari or ichat or whatever program) it'll kernel panic. The panic log will read something about the usb port iousb family mbox 2 something. I will search for the exact text next time it happens.