View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Mastering singles for radio with new Waves Mastering suite.

The track is sonically tight I'm not going to critic the music material it's not something that I listen to regularly, that don't mean nothing though, so here my 2¢. I always prefer to have material that I've mixed sent out to a mastering house. But there are times that the producer didn't calculate mastering into the budget (major mistake) anyway at that point I ask for a week (at least) break from the project and then I put my pseudo mastering cap on. Luckily most of the jobs that I've done (I can think of one that didn't) have translated well over major broadcasting mediums (radio, TV). This is a synopsis of how I go about it. I set up three listening signal paths, 1, a processing chain, 2, an A/B signal path, 3, a "reference" stereo Audio track playing back the digitally transferred commercial release.... Sorry I just realized there is alot involved and since I'm really tired (I've been in session all day) I'll be glad to email you a template session to start you off if your interested.

Good Luck
MMJ
[email protected]