View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Random new error message in 2021.7??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
Wait...clean install includes a wipe of the hard drive (or ssd) and a fresh install of the OS. This means the desktop (where you put your plugins folder) is gone too. The point of a "clean" install is to remove any remnants of stray settings, misbehaving plugins, unwanted OS tweaks, malware, adware, etc. For me, it also includes reinstalling plugins from the installers, not drag and drop from a backup, as that may bring back with it some issues.

It seems that 2021.6 and 2021.7 is not playing well with all plugins, hence my question about your plugins. It might be time to do the time consuming process of moving all plugins out, restarting, and one by one (or small group by small group) move them back in and test, restart and repeat.
When i referred to "clean install" i meant deleting Pro Tools and its associated files, not the OS. I usually just install versions over versions. Ive never had to reinstall a clean OS in order to fix a PT related problem. 2021.6 ran without issue. This just started randomly after installing 2021.7. I did "my" clean install again and went back to 2021.6 and now things have been good all day. Not sure why! Ill report back if this starts happening again.

Thanks again for the help.