View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Avid

Default S6 Tip ‘o the Day

It's actually an incredible cheese if you've never had it. They've been making cheese in central Wisconsin since the late 1800's and are known for their cave-aged, mixed-milk - sheep, goat and cow. I seem to have digressed!

Back to S6. Expand Faders. If you looked at the previous video and mapping descriptions, I've included a Pro Tools Session file as well as an S6 Title for you to play with. Here's what it contains:

8 Mono Audio Tracks Assigned to a 5.1 Path containing Fabfilter Pro-Q2, Avid Pro Compressor and several sends feeding both internal busses for effects as well as Cue's. HEAT is enabled.

Expand Fader Maps to explore on 8 Audio Tracks:

EQ - Pro-Q2.
DYN - Pro Compressor
Sends - Effects and Cues
HEAT - Individual and global settings
Pan - 5.1 panning parameters

6 Aux Inputs for Effects Returns are included with processing from Audioease (Altiverb as discussed in last post), Valhalla Plate, ReVibe, Little MicroShift, Mod Delay 3 and Tape Echo. Each one of these includes a 2 page Insert Parameter (teal) Fader Map.

1 lonely VCA Master assigned to the group which includes the effects returns. You can look at an example of going into Bus mode on the VCA and pressing Exp to access the VCA Slave Expand Fader Map. I recommend enabling the preference (User settings) for Auto Expand Faders which will give you instant access to the Expand Fader maps after choosing the function from the Process Module.

My maps are an attempt to bring consistency and predictability to the parameter sets of like processors. Decay time, Size and PreDelay, for example, will typically be found first in the fader map for Reverbs. Have fun and experiment.

Pro Tools Session:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wd7dmi5473...80918.ptx?dl=0

S6 Title:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8y88h8dnz...80918.xml?dl=0

MTRX FAQ