View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 10:06 AM

Thumbs down CPU Usage warnings with Drumagog... impossible...

Hello guys!

I am very new to PT9 having only just picked it up this weekend, everything is great, im a hundred times more productive in this daw when compared to cubase!

So i have hit my first snag today, when using drumagog 5 platinum i can no longer play more than 2 seconds of a track where drumagog 5 is being used, i keep getting the cpu warning issue.

Now, my CPU is the corei5 2500k sitting nicely at 3.4ghz i refuse to believe that this is not capable, so i think it may be hdd right? well, im running sata 3 6gb/sec SSD @300mb read... memory? 16gb ram at 1600! As i sit here typing this the RTAS usage is hitting my cpu at 85%......... starting to get a little annoyed at this.

I have tried different buffering setting to take the load off the cpu and put it onto disk, no improvement, PT9 windows tweaks are all done to get it working, oh and the computer has 2x 1gb gddr5 graphics cards.

So, has anyone had similar issue? im going to kill PT9 now as i dont fancy leaving my cpu running to the hills, i'm a very impatient guy so if i can't figure a solution out for this it will be a full refund for me im afraid!

Any help is hugely welcome

Cheers

Mark (now off to the gym to vent this frustration!)