View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Avid proves yet again how useless they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protone View Post
I didn’t say I can’t. But it is laggy and unresponsive on my system (mac book pro 16” i9, also tried with eGPU) especially with sessions that have lots of tracks/clips. But anyway, I don’t want to hijack this thread and discuss the details of the issue. Let’s just say that I have tried pretty much everything, and only solution avid support offered was that I should move to hd monitors since protools is not officially supporting 4k.
Are you using HDX (in a thunderbolt chassis)?
Found this happening with HDX and the latest Pro Tools. Switching to Hybrid helped considerably. Can't figure out why -- initially thought it was thermal throttling but the internal temps of the laptop (same i9 MacBookPro 16") are fine. Then switched to a native (CoreAudio) audio interface and the problem went away. Then went back to HDX and it returned. Something about running the playback engine on the CPU vs the DSP cards helped. Since the HDX I/O was needed, HDX in hybrid mode fixed things. But this needs a better solution to allow HDX to run as normal.