View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Re: PT 6.9.2cs2 Inconsistent LTC Chase

Thanks for the details, Snoopy.

Switching from 512 to 256 shouldn't make a difference anyway - I only asked because twice in the last couple of months, some problems were traced to customers using a VERY high h/w buffer size.

A few questions - some of them are routine, but they have to be asked...<g>.

Are you using QuickTime in your session, and if so, does the behavior change when the movie is off-line?

Are you recording to PT when this problem occurs, or is it occuring when you change from recording to playback or vice-versa?

If you are recording, are you using QuickPunch or TrackPunch, "recording at selection" or "recording at TC lock?"

How many tracks are you recording/playing back?

Min sync delay setting? All other settings default?

When you describe the Nanosync as being "house sync," do you mean the Nanosync is providing black burst to the Sync I/O, or is it providing WC into the SYNC I/O?

Is the Sync I/O the "loop sync master?"

Do you recall problems when you were using OS X 10.3.8? (had to ask, since we don't support 10.3.9 with Pro Tools|HD).

You mention your LTC hookup - confirming that you are not using Remote Mode, and also when you say "vice versa," what *exactly* do you mean? Are you checking and unchecking the "generate TC" box in order to drive the SSL with PT-generated time code?

Now that we have the gear config, it's really important that you describe your workflow to a "T" to make sure we haven't missed anything. If you can give us a step-by-step for your master/slave operations, that would help.

Thanks!

Danny Caccavo
Digidesign