View Single Post
Old 05-26-2000, 06:00 AM

Default 24/96 and ADAT bridge(20 to 24) upgrade? ?

I am now forced by circumstances to upgrade to PT MIX+. I have been putting this off waiting for PT to release 2 upgrades. I have talked to PT numerous times about these upgrade steps. The answers I get are not satisfactory. First The issue with the 'not 24bit ADAT BRIDGE(20 bit)'. They tell me that this is because of the ADAT chip used and licensing issues with ALESES. I will not say what I think of those answers(not printable on this site). I will say that the 001 comes with 24bit lightpipe. that every other manufactured lightpipe device I can find is 24bit. That 24bit lightpipe is what is used in digital mixing boards. That DIGIDESIGN would probably not sell as many overpriced 888/24's if they made this available. This seems short sighted on their part.
24/96 24/96????? What don't they get?
If I hear 'If it becomes the standard then Digi will follow suit(again)'! Since when has Digi been a follower?
This is where the industry is heading. This is where all of the other manufactures have placed their current & future products.

I have asked for Price/Upgrade PROTECTION for these two items. They will not respond.

I think you will see this come out this fall(I am sure of it).
Pro Tools is supposed to be the cutting edge leader in DAW. However they seem to be avoiding(24/96 & 24 bit light pipe)

[This message has been edited by microphone (edited May 28, 2000).]