View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 07:18 PM

Default Re: triton MIDI programs and banks keep changing WHY?

I had this exact problem for months.

"When I hit play on pro tools it plays the wrong voice, and as its playing on pro tools if I hit locate on triton the voices goes to the correct voice."

When you power up the Triton, if PTLE is the master, all you have to do is hit sequence on the Triton and nothing else. You can do everything else from within PTLE. Since you mention hitting locate on the Triton, do you always load in the sequence into the Triton before you start, or are you totally controlling the sequence from PTLE? I would assume hitting locate would do nothing at all if PTLE was the sequencer, given that the sequencer in the Triton powers up totally blank. Also, did you leave at least two measures blank at the beginning of the sequence in PTLE? PTLE may not be picking up the first program change if the sequence starts right at the beginning of the session. You know, there's nothing stopping you from separating out all your midi tracks so that each track has a separate and single program change per midi track.

You mention having figured out the bank select function. Are you entering the MSB and LSB into the two little boxes beside where the patch number is displayed in the patch select window and then clicking ok, or are both boxes displaying a - symbol?