View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Expert Cirtification: Employment?

I would adivise you to wait until Digi gets their training thing worked. I feel like they have dropped the ball. I completed my Digi PT 7 User Certification 2 months ago. I still have not received my Certificate! I still have not been able to create a PT 7 Certified User listing on the Digi website! I still a have not received my Free swag! I still have yet to be able to use Digi logos on my business cards.

I teach at a Community College and find the lack of response of Digi's part unprofessional and unacceptable. If I conducted business the way this has been handled, I'd be looking for a new job.

Certification classes the first 2 days were a complete joke. The instructor spent over half the time screwing around on the internet showing students different sites unrelated to course content.
We received about 3-3.5 hours of traiing each of the first 2 days. 1 student even stopped coming because it was so unprofessional in his opinion. Let me clarify that this was a Pro School and not Digi conducting the training.So I do not hold Digi accountable for what happened in the class, just the follow thru. By the way, I did successfully complete all of my examines.

Because of Digi's unresponsiveness I think that they are sending the message that certification is not really something to be acheived.

By the way, Digi makes their money by selling the training materials to the Training Centers. I don't know how much they regulate them.