View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 05:55 AM

Default Re: AAE 9073 error - sound cutting out and freezing on multitrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Again, (and I'm just picking on plugins as a potential cause/example) it's not just plugins you are using, it's plugins installed in Pro Tools. They are just C++ code and they get to run initialization code when installed, and that can be enough to potentially trip off problems. An errant plugin can do *anything* in Pro Tools, including potentially leading to corrupting the session file, just by being installed in that plugin folder, there is no effective protection/sandboxing, you don't need to be using a plugin for it to hurt you... but yes using plugins opens up more potential for them to cause problems. But again just picking that as an example of how hard stuff can be to be sure of.

DUC is not good for sharing stuff, if you have a suspect file you can post it on any cloud or file sharing service and post a link here.
Ok so let me try and figure this plugin thing out once and for all. When I installed Pro Tools, I installed it on my system drive C:. I then setup a folder on my external Hitachi drive to store all session files and plugins. So everything 3rd party that I downloaded is installed in that external hard drive, not in Pro Tools.

Are you saying that even though my plugins aren't located inside Pro Tools, they might have installed something inside of PT that might be causing a problem? If so, do you know where, because I've looked in Program Files, Program Files X86, My Documents and AppData Roaming and Local. I can't see anything that shows me a 3rd Party plugin. Yet I guess something must be telling Pro Tools I have the plugins, because the still show up in the "Inserts" menu on tracks.

Am I looking in the wrong place or do I need to delete some preferences again?