View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Quantize not working properly

I'm using version 10.3.10. I've discovered that the bigger issue I'm having is with the recording and playback of BFD2 which I'm triggering with a Roland TD-15KV kit. Probably why the quantized midi doesn't sound right during playback. I've contacted Fxpansion support about it. What immediately tipped me off was the recording of triplet hits on a Tom pad. Sounded fine while recording but during playback(before any quantization) either the triplets played back fine or sounded like one pad hit. This happened thruout the track. Other pad hits also seemed to be affected too.

To rule out the TD-15, I recorded it's midi output to it's own midi track and took it's stereo audio outs to a stereo Aux in track. I then recorded the track and it had no issues at all during playback. I then tried quantizing the track and that also worked perfectly.

So that's where I'm currently at with this. By the way, the system I'm running this on is a Mac Pro 3.4GHz Quad Core with 32GB of ram so BFD2 isn't being taxed at all although that's what it feels like.