View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 07:16 AM
Avid

Default Re: S6 with Avid Control App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raschis View Post
Thanks for the reply. I understand your point from a developer point of view. The only thing is, that for me as a customer it would be helpful, if these Control-App-Updates would be marked more clearly as an update with possibly very serious consequences like: ONLY UPDATE IF ALL YOUR OTHER SOFTWARE COMPONENTS OF YOUR COMPLETE SYSTEM ARE ON THE SAME VERSION! THERE IS NO WAY BACK! Instead it was marked as a "minor bug fix", nothing serious it seems, but in the end it made my whole setup now unusable, and to make it work again, I would have to pay more than 1400 € to update my two S6 Consoles; sure, in the ideal world of AVID, ALL customers have ALWAYS their support plans running and current for ALL their devices, but this is, at least in our studios from an educational institution, which has to fight for any € on the budget, not the reality. Hard enough to be expected to pay yearly for the System-Software/Firmware of a Hardware-Device, which was already quite costly to buy. We do that from time to time, but we will not do that now, only to make the Control-App work again.
Wat country are you in...who is your dealer/Avid contact. If you are EDU then we can possibly get you a discount.