View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler View Post
I'm on Windows and am really wondering if paying for updates is worth it.
Windows 10 works fine with Protools. You can search Microsoft to find what features are in Windows 11 and then decide if it is worth it for you to update.

I'm just playing with ya. I know you were asking if Windows users will get the attention to fixes and feature updates that Mac users got in Protools 2022.9. They will come. Avid (and Digidesign before that) always started with Macs and then ported over to Windows. The Apple ecosystem is more controlled (hardware, OS, etc.) and therefore simpler, whereas the Windows ecosystem is much more complex with third party hardware, different generation and tiers of Intel and AMD processors, different OS versions, different RAM speeds, GPU's, motherboard manufacturers, BIOS versions and settings, device drivers, etc. It takes more time to code for all the differences and even more time to test the variations. I was a windows users, so I know the frustration. It is one of the reasons I switch to Macs for Protools usage. I'm not suggesting you switch, but to be patient if you choose to remain a windows user.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1