View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Eucon -> Protools

Having only used the MC Control for a little while I surely see the "potential" ........

Really wondering what PT integration on this device is going to look like. Right now the touch screen is mostly a waste to me. Too hard to hit those tiny pads and really doesn't do so many of the cool things that are possible......

1) When editing a plug why not take the touchscreen over with the plugs graphics with a few touch areas and get the knobs to do all the useful things
2) Why not display 8 channels of Send A - E (or even 4 channels to match the fader bank)
3) Display 8 ch Automation mode and use the knobs or buttons below to change,
4) Why not display Inserts for a bank of four or 8 with the knobs doing useful things to assign
4a) Why not some combination of above for either 4 or 8 channel overview screens keeping the track names at the top........ Use the touch as a matrix, the buttons below to select the cell and then have all 8 knobs map to useful functions in the cell....... Imagine if Inserts was the page name and on insert 2 of every channel I had EQ ...... as you select across the matrix in row2 (insert 2) all eight knobs mapped to 4 bands of EQ (user programmable of course (you have seen Automap right)...... things like that.....
5) When in channel focus mode (yes would like one of these as well!) why not display all sends, inserts, auto modes etc about the channel and then be able to select different channels and keep this screen.

Just a few ideas, but really what the heck are you planning??? just some minor things while keeping all the concepts the same..... if so, not very interesting for an almost $2K controller.......

PS>>> Select buttons on the strips are almost impossible to hit without moving a fader. Really dislike the positioning of those. Why not add a control so I could select them elsewhere on the surface. Yes I do it in the touchscreen but I have to hit the screen an average of 2X to select and then for multiple channels it keeps hitting the adjacent one etc... takes 2X the hits at least to select like 5 channels. And then when banking I get the "select" indicator on the first channel whether it is selected or not (showing where the bank of eight start --- which is really only a bank of four........

SO........ updates soon???? Communication about what they might contain -- any chance?????
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html