View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Which Pitch Correction is Best ?

I've always used Autotune (now on Version 5 RTAS) going back to 1998 but I never use it in Auto Mode...i always do it graphically and point to point and line by line.

However, it may good to wait for more voices on this question. There are many more salient opinions than mine I'm sure.

As for the products you've listed I've seen/heard some incredible things from Melodyne (especially chording instruments) but the learning curve is pretty steep to my eye. And Chas Sandford here in Nashville loves the new Waves plugin. The others that you mention I have not seen but I'm sure I've heard and just didn't know which it was.

To my ear it's best to do as little as possible. You can suck the life out of a great nuanced vocal take by being anal with it. But when the client wants a whole album worked over I'm happy to oblige. Bear in mind I've never worked on anything but vocals and egregious bass tuning errors that squirrel the track and the occasional slide guitar 'final note'. So I'm no expert.

I know this much: when I listen to some of the country radio stuff I do cringe every now and again and the 'twitter'.

Anyone else got any opinions?

J Fred in Nashville