Thread: Logic Express 7
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 06:55 PM

Default Logic Express 7

I have been using Pro Tools for a few years now and I am very familiar with it as far as audio goes but now I need to work with a bit of MIDI and need to know what the best route to go it.
I just bought a Roland XV-2020 sound module but to be honest, I got better sounds out of Garage Band.
Anyway, here is my delima: I am wondering if Logic Express would have many more of the software intruments like garageband that I could use to import MIDI that I have now. I did this some in GB but I ran out of instruments with the number that they include. I would like to use Pro Tools primarily still but I am looking for someway to itegrate this into what I use now.
Does it make sense to you both Logic and Pro Tools? I know there have been many others who have done that. Also, if there are plugins that I could use directly in Pro Tools that would probably be my prefered option.
I am sure that a faster computer is needed to. Currently my G3 iBook is fine with what I do now but GB kills it with just a few soft synths.
Any help and suggestions are appreciated.
BTW, if any one is interested in a Roland XV-2020, I may put it on eBay with a buy it now of $400.