View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Dinosaur post: What’s the jump from TDM in 2021

i may have missed something but it seems waves has its own dsp racks to handle tracking which might be one of the reason they screwded up hdx.
Everyone wants to do like avid including uad with Luna.
It sounds like if Avid wants to keep hdx safe they should develop for good some real highres preamp in order to have that same uad pluging efficiency.

Exemples of highres pres are legions between Studer, Neve, Great River, Mastering Lab etc ... they just have to pick from best of their world and still do not understand why they still had poor preamps instead so far.

Now that been said why should you make a move if your tdm gear +plugins are working like a charm ?

Keep in mind that probably close to 90% of people do not give a sh** on how the music production has been done including who recorded it and mixed it just as long as it sounds good to their ears, that's all what matters after all.
So you can imagine what they think on which gear all this has been done...
If your mixing sounds like you want it to with your actual gear, why move on ?
And to be clear once for all, that is not the computer daw and its plugins that is doing most of the job but rather the room, the mics + pres and audio converters and of course the guy who's in charge of all this.
Most recent audio converters will work with tdm including news avid's 192

Your gear is just an excellent one and mabe you might just need some more external HW instead ?

... unless you really feel the need to have more recent plugins ...
Mac Pro 2x 2.66GHz 6-Core / 96 Go Ram / PE6R4-i - HD Native - Tempo Sata Pro 6Gb - PTHD : 10 / 11 /12 / Ultimate till 2022.5 - 192 i/o Digidesign - MTPAV - OSX : 10.4 / 10.5 / 10.6.8 / 10.8.5 / 10.9.5 / 10.11.6 / 10.13.6 / 10.14.6 - PowerMac G4 MDD / Pro Tools HD 5.3 / 6 / 7.4x / 8

Last edited by groovebrother; 03-12-2021 at 01:55 PM.