View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 02:51 AM

Default Re: API? NEVE? DAV?SEBATRON? WHAT PRE AMP?

Quote:
just looking for a little imformed advice before I lash out mucho $$$$ on a Pre-amp... Any recommendations from the panel? I'm looking to 'expand' the sound... Warm it up...Add character...You know the usual stuff... Anyone got a lot of experience with these different pres... What one rocks your world and why?
THANKS
Right now,,,,,,,I have to say the Presonus ADL 600!! Dont mistake the name and think prosumer, if you do your missing out. This highend preamp is the real deal and has a sound and a vibe of its own. Vocals are thick with VIBE not boring at all, not hyped but has a alive but smooth compressed top end. I call it a polished sound. The bottom is bigggggg. Its a great 2 channel pre, really this one sounds better then the others I have in my arsenal. (API 512c, Avalon 737, Vintech 1272, Presonus ADL 600)

On harmony central forums.....Craig Anderton has doing a month long review of the unit if you care to check it out. I had my unit before the review but it sounds like I made the right choice.
Here is the link to the review.
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...0&pagenumber=1

Peace Eddie