View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 07:23 AM

Default Re: footswitch not working

My Artist Control was plug and play. You can test it in the EUCON prefs control panel. While the status may not pop up immediately (it doesn’t for me, Eddie, even on my S1 and newest EUCON), once you trigger the switch it should indicate if the software is seeing it as open or closed.

If you still don’t see anything, the Artist Control isn’t too bad to crack open, you just need to be careful with the very thin and flimsy metal shielding inside the casing. You likely won’t have to mess with the screen but careful with that, as the frame is a PITA to reassemble properly. If you’re handy enough, or if your tech is comfortable with it, it should be a really simple exercise to test the hardware (electrical circuit) part of it. I would have to imagine that as long as the jack is solidly connected to the board with no shorts, the software part will “just work”. And then if the jack is pooched somehow, I imagine it would be pretty simple to get a PCB-mounted jack from Mouser or Digikey, remove the old from the board, throw the new one in. Parts cost maybe $10, plus some elbow grease, and you’re good to go.