View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Drum VI recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
It looks like there are a lot of different add-ons available for EZDrummer. I assume they give you different kit options, which might be nice for alternate sounds, but what is the basic selection of grooves like? Do you really need to get some of the add-ons too in order for EZDrummer to be useful in a variety of genres? Again, I'm mostly interested in rock, jazz, country, etc.
The basic kits and grooves aren't too shabby at all, but those EZXs are a bottomless pit of good stuff. The Jazz EZX is pretty good, Nashville is an oldie but goldie for country and rock. That one also has a really nice brushes kit, and there's a ton of rock options.

It'll be well worth getting EZD2 first before the EZD3 upgrade, because if history is a guide the old factory libraries become paid EZXs once the new version is out. They're promising a lot of new grooves too in 3. I don't think there's any brushes kits in either 2 or 3 factory libraries, so another reason to pick up Nashville in a sale at some point.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM