View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Drum VI recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
Yes, of course I do. I generally keep three copies. But if all their SSD is good for is as an installer, I’d want yet another copy, meaning I’d need another additional drive, which is why I was asking. I guess it really is six of one and half a dozen of the other. Buying it on an (imo) overpriced SSD (I can get larger and faster drives for less than they’re charging) really only benefits me by saving me D/L time.
The SSD has the CORE library ready-to-go. This is really for those who have capped or slow internet and it would take someone two weeks to download.

Unless that is your situation, I would recommend against getting the SSD.

You can get a 2TB Samsung SSD, which generally perform very well for $199. And you can install the 230GB CORE library on that, plus any EZX and SDX you buy over the years. As well as other sample libraries for Kontakt etc...

You can always re-download the library from your account whenever you need. If you want to keep a copy on hand, I recommend an external WD 12TB Elements USB drive. You can get these for $179 and 12TB is more than enough backup space for most people. Plug it in when you need to backup, and unplug it when you don't need it.

And all of your downloads and authorizations are handled in the Toontrack Product Manager, which works well.

You also have the option of buying EZdrummer for now, and crossgrade for less to SD3 when you want to. This is probably not the best way to go right now since EZ3 is dropping. But last year or so they were having deals on EZ2 and deals on crossgrading to SD3 - so you could get SD3 for less than $399 by going that route.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio