View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Midi Import not working correctly

Sorry I really should have explained it better than i did.

Ok so in this case I have a midi file I made in Sonar an I have consolidated the midi in Sonar ( bounced to clip )

If I drag it in to Logic it is fine all notes are there ( I don't really care about any events / velocitys etc at this stage but they are all there )

In Pro Tools if I create a instrument track and drag the midi on to that track there are notes missing sometimes full sections like a chorus or verse

If I however import the midi into Pro Tools rather than drag it on to the track and select create a tnew track what happens is 2 midi tracks are made and all the midi shows but split between 2 tracks.

If I turn on midi merge in Pro Tools and pull both of the midi regions from the 2 tracks that were made on to the instrument track I have made they don't merge. One always vanishes and the notes are no longer there or being triggered

I can only assume that this is happening because in Sonar I had used midi merge when creating the files and pro tools now sees it as 2 separate midi tracks ?

I can get all the notes to play if I leave them on the midi tracks but I would prefer to have them on one track and preferably the Instrument track I made rather than the midi track.

Strange that this works no problem in Logic

Thanks for any help i am sure its something simple I have missed as i am not overly familiar with working with midi in Pro Tools

Thanks for any advice