View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Why no S/PDIF output mirroring with 002?

I'm aware of the workaround of setting individual tracks for S/PDIF + Analog 1+2 and all that. If that was all I had to do to solve my issues, I'd grin and bare it, but then when I want to audition an Audiosuite plug-in, it ONLY goes to the analog out. Does anyone know a secret code for making THAT go to S/PDIF too?

...and man, having to set the Core Audio to mirror just so I can listen to other stuff through the S/PDIF out EVERY TIME I start the computer.... what a pain!

I just don't get it at all.

Is Digidesign so confident in the sound of the 002's D/A converters that they don't think anyone would ever want to bypass them? I've been doing this for years with the 001 with no problems (as soon as I realized how bad the analog outs sounded compared to the S/PDIF through any other D/A that I had in the studio).

I just think this is so absurd. It's as if Digidesign is TRYING to make life hard for me. Why do away with a simple and useful feature? That's not an upgrade. I can't imagine that it would have added another hundred dollars to the price to implement it, or another week of R&D, would it?

Roger