View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack (11R) slow booting past "setting up midi"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edleigh View Post
Open for suggestions here!

So, I just put a new system together that definitely cranks through bootup and loading most of PT really fast.

The problem I'm having is that, the system flies through loading plugins and DAE at PT startup (like 3 seconds), but hangs for like 20 seconds on "setting up midi". After it loads, it takes another 20-30 seconds for the 11R GUI to load (system is unresponsive until it does). When everything is loaded, it seems to run great.

I started troubleshooting and it seems as if it is related to whether or not I have any midi devices plugged into a USB port. I have 2, a UM880 USB midi interface, and an Akai MPD. With just the Akai MPD connected, it's a little slower, and with my USB midi interface connected, it's dog[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] slow. Since both devices affect it (although at varying degrees), it doesn't seem to be a device specific problem.

Tried different versions of PT 8, dedicated USB PCI card, swapping ports, updating drivers, changing out USB cables, etc, and nothing seems to make a difference.

I'm 80% sure that this is an 11R issue and that I wouldn't be seeing this on a different PT interface.

Some details,
Win 7 Ult x64
latest FW for 11R
PT 8.0.5 (tried it with 8.0.4 as well, same issue)
i5/ASRock Z68 PRO3
UM880 with x64 Win 7 driver
Did you trash Databases and Prefs?

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...nd_Preferences

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio