View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Default Re: New Windows laptop for PT 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothbassman View Post
Your looking for a power laptop! Its a challenge to get ESATA, USB3, and Firewire on a single laptop. You are going to have to get one with a PCI/E slot and use a PCI/E for your USB 3 or ESATA. You are not going to find a laptop with All three options onboard. ( At least my quick search on NewEgg didn't show any results)

I would cut out the ESATA option and stick with 1394 and USB 3.0. I scooped a Sony Viao i7 VPCF226FM 16" Laptop. I upgraded to a 256 Gig SSD, 8 Gigs of Ram, Internal 4G (wimax) card, USB 3.0, 1394(Firewire) port and a 1080p screen so I can get a lot of information on the screen at one time.

I'm currently mixing a session with a ton of plugins, about 50 tracks of audio and running it on two USB 3.0 hard drives with no problems so far.

Now only if I could find a good quality USB 3.0 Hub I would be in business to run 3 of those drives at the same time. One storage drive, one recording drive, and one sample library drive.

Good luck with the search!
thanks for your input. Ive been doing a bunch of research and it seems like i won't need esata as long i get usb 3. what interface are you using on you viao. I have heard mixed reviews on how the digi 003s run on viaos.

thanks