View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Mac Studio M1 Max Problems with 2022.5 Playback Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by operator View Post
Thanks for confirming that. It does point to a 12.4 and Avid issue with the Mac Studio.
Some good testing there.

Did you also try changing LOCALE as I previously suggested? That *might* explain why you are seeing problems other users don't' seem to be.

The CoreAudio HAL which Pro Tools uses to build that playback engine list is heavy with multilingual support/localization code and having beaten my head against that code I'd be suspicious of bugs caused by that to start with. Heck some of the HAL sample code our there has stupid issues, some with multilingual CFString conversions.

If your Mac's LOCALE is less frequently used may explain why other are not seeing the problem. Either bugs in drivers, the HAL or in Pro Tools or more than one could causing problems like this... and trivial to exclude LOCALE as an issue by setting the Mac to USA/English. What LOCALE are you using (so others can test switching to that)? Did you try USA/English?

Also since I've seen very rare CoreAudio glitches with headphone stuff... but on any of these systems is it possible you have a headphone plugged into the Mac Studio? Or AirPod or other wireless headphones connecting or trying to connect? I'd check to make sure that you don't/that it's unplugged. Heck I'd even try plugging in a wired headphone if one was not connected and see if that changes behavior.