Thread: Falcon license
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Falcon AAX plugin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by argealis View Post
Hi!

I recently contact Avid support to ask when Falcon 2.1.1 will be availbale on our user account.

Here is the answer:
Unfortunately we didn't make this available yet, but this is a work in progress.
I don't have an estimated time for this though. I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

We must wait…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
Many somebody could enlighten me about how Falcon licensing works? I've ignored it up until now as I didn't like the idea of using something that would disappear if I didn't keep paying .

I've currently got a Perpetual Ultimate Licence, & it looks like that gives me a 'years worth' of Falcon if I wish to download it, as well as a years worth of the AVID Pro plugins bundle.

What happens at the end of the year if I 'freeze' my version of Ultimate & don't pay £400 for another year of updates?

Does my Falcon licence disappear, or can I just get another year of that, the way (I think) I can with the plugin bundle?

..& also do I understand that its not quote the latest or full version that you get if you buy it outright?

Its a bit confusing to my tired old brain...
Given the answer argealis above got from Avid I don't hold out hope that Falcon will be available if you stop paying the Avid tax. This is but one reason I purchased it direct from UVI during one of their sales at 30% off. That and so I can use it standalone and in other daws.

QAPLA!