View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2023 Apple Silicon Native - Video Engine/Vi Performance

As somebody who has used VIs
I tried for the better part of two decades to get Protools to just work where I can go forward without always juggling resources… Five years ago I just needed a second DAW so I could create without this knife edge…

Using an old license from ableton live I updated it and realized I could just go forward pretty quickly doing whatever I needed to and if I had a limit I would get a little crackling…
As opposed to One day Protools I could run a couple of things next day even one contact instance would go Into a tailspin
This was the same version of kontact on either DAW
one could run many reliably, one PT was so erratic that I could not rely on it… So let’s get back to the subject at hand
but I just wanted to point out the same plug-ins that work fine… And I mean fine- in other DAW’s
all of a sudden a problem for ProTools
Even after us waiting through years of their transition out of TDM to a X etc. it seems to be some sort of garbage pit of zeros and ones that quagmire they create

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]