View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Avid Carbon and Multiple displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
You're not using TB3, you're using a USB-C port and using USB rather than DisplayPort over Thunderbolt (which I don't think that display supports).

[M1 Max Studio has TB4 anyway. And USB only on the front].

I can't find the manual or details for that monitor, so it's hard to tell what's going on. In the past, USB monitors screwed up CPU timings and made a mess on unrelated ports. But I don't think that's what is happening here. Instead it might be something to do with new audio channels becoming available when you plug the monitor in - this certainly happens with HDMI - and could be the problem here, even over USB. It doesn't really make sense. Frustrating, but at least you have a workaround.

Dominic

You are correct about being TB4 port. That is my mistake..

The monitor will only power up when connected to one of the front USB-C ports.

The only way to pass video is either HDMI or TB4 on the back of the Studio. To be clear, it is actually plugged into to the TB4 port on the back of a external RAID that is connected to Studio via TB4.

When I'm on my MBP I am connected directly to the laptop with the same result.

AMS does show 2 output channels available for that device.. but also for my big monitor and a few other things that don't/haven't caused any issues with Carbon.

I will chock it up to being isolated to this off-brand amazon monitor and move along.

Thanks for all the input!