View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Cannot get smooth running with Mbox Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Okay, last resort...if anyone has Mbox Studio running well on a PC, please let me know the model or a short parts list
My MBox Studio runs fine on Windows. I do not have any issues with YouTube videos, can watch as long as I want, and even multiple ones seem to play just fine. It is also rock solid with Pro Tools.

I doubt using the same parts is going to be the answer and my system is far from the latest and greatest.

I also use a Gigabyte MB (Z390 Designare), Nvidia RTX3060 and I usually try to get a processor with only physical cores, so I'm using an i7-9700KF. Memory is Corsair Vengeance DDR4. I never overclock or mess with voltages, so my system simply runs as intended. The MB supports Thunderbolt and I have the MBox connected to the TB/USB-C port on the back, so no adapters or anything. OS is Windows 11, always kept up to date. I do not have any additional virus software or any other programs for that matter loaded on the system. Pretty much stock Windows with Pro Tools and whatever Plug-Ins I use. Web browser is Edge that comes with Windows and like I said, no issues with videos.

System Details