Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound View Post
Avid Media Files folder,
MXF subfolder
then a subfolder in MXF folder subfolder called 1

Place all the files created except the AAFs document in the 1 folder
You will deliver the AAF document with the Avid Media Files Folder
In a folder named of your choosing.
Correction the Avid Media Files folder, needs to be exactly "Avid MediaFiles" folder,
All MC systems already have this Avid MediaFiles\MXF\numeric only named folders structure in place.
Here are a couple of slight improvements to this workflow for the recipient editors.

Make the destination folder for the files any numeric number other than 1
as the default current working folder for MC is Drive:\Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1.
MC reads and index's (makes databases for) all numeric only name folders inside the Avid MediaFiles\MXF folder whenever detect changes in them.
So the Pro Tools AAF export can be direct into a, for instance, "200" folder.
The MC editor just has to drop the "200" folder directly into their existing Avid MediaFiles|MXF\ folder.

The Editor then just drags the AAF file created in your workflow into a bin in their open MC project. This bin will then automatically populate with all the mxf files in the "200" bin courtesy of the database MC created in that folder.

For even more simplicity for YOU the AAF file can also be created in the "200" bin. BUT this assumes the MC editor understands that they need to drag the AAF file from the "200" folder into a bin inside their project.

FWIW I always use this method for my own media management purposes.
(Subsequent to getting the PT's media into my MC projects bin I rename the "200" folder to and Alpha numeric name like "200 Musicdate". This renaming stops MC from any future writing to this folder protecting the files and Avid database inside it.)

Andrew