View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 06:56 PM

Default DIGI 002 quit and now won't connect via Firewire

Hey there everyone,

I'm using my trusty Digi002 Rack with my PT 8.05 on my Mac 3,1 running Snow Leopard (osx 10.6.8).

Yes, it's an older system, but works perfectly for what i need it do, and no need to do any updates or upgrades.

Anyways, I just opened up a session to start working on it again, and started to play it back. Mid way through the song, Pro Tools quit. I thought that was odd, and went to re-start Protools again, and it now keeps telling me that the hardware is not connected or is in use by another application.

Also noticed, is that when the Digi 002 rack is on, you can see that the 1394 (firewire) light is not on. I checked the connections to my computer and the 002 rack, and even plugged into the other firewire port, and still nothing. But i can hear it clicking and the green cylindrical poking out light on the back going on and off intermittently in co-relation with this clicking noise.

My 002 rack has been working flawlessly and now this.

Any ideas of what is going on here?

Many thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT - after posting this thread, i thought i'd try again. it clicked a few times and the sample rate (44.1) wasn't lit up this time, and PT opened up. I was able to open up my session and play it. HOWEVER, no sound was coming out of either the headphones plugged directly into the 002 rack, or via my studio speakers.

Very odd.

The session i still opened, and now the Sample Rate (44.1) light is lit up, but still no sound.

So initially it was a firewire connection (or so i thought) and now it's connecting but not allowing any sound coming out of it, all the while playing the session with no issues (this time).

HELP!!!

Last edited by yogi snaps; 07-11-2021 at 07:01 PM. Reason: New relevant info