Thread: AAE Error 6
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 11:57 AM

Default Re: AAE Error 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbrat1 View Post
For me, this was indeed an issue with 3rd party plugs, not Pro Tools or hardware issues. Kudos to both Avid and Waves support for working with me to figure this one out. Waves was able to verify everything from their end was installed correctly and that I had the latest versions. Avid then pointed me to a similar issue they're researching involving Brainworx and Sonnox plugs with the S6. While I don't have the S6, I removed several Brainworx plugs (bx_meter, bx_solo, bx_opto, bx_boom) from the plug-ins folder. Over the last few days my system has been stable, with no AAE 6 errors and (so far) no -9173 messages and no instances of the ProTools.exe hanging/crashing unexpectedly either. Happy to report that this is still the case after reinstalling all Waves plugs and updating to PT 12.4 via the Avid App Manager. I now have an open support case with Brainworx.
I'll be curious to know the outcome of all of this. I have some of those plugs in my folder as well, though my system still had issues without them.