View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:24 PM

Default Thinking of trying protools 10... questions

My current studio setup is a 32 ch mixer and Cubase 6.I have never used pro tools and would consider buying it.I Tried the pt10 demo...but from what i am hearing and reading concerning the input monitoring issue.I would not be able to input monitor correctly thru my console without having the latency issues...Are there any versions of pro tools that work and monitor well with a console, windows 7, lynx converters?

Thanks in Advance

P.S.I dont really hear a major difference in daws.I think pro tools 10 is good sounding software.IMO...AT THIS TIME.. 2012... any 32 bit poor monitoring DAW is not superior to everything else.I see alot of industry standard fan boy quotes going on here...BUT a realistic industry standard DAW should sound good,monitor well and perform just as well with other interfaces....I Tried the demo and was seriously about to buy it... BUT..I discovered this monitoring problem. If the only way to get this feature is pay 1500-3k whatever more for a toolkit or hd...just for a button that nearly every other daw besides Pro Tools has...I won't buy it...I'm Not Bashing really because I would buy it if they fixed this and offered 64 bit version.I guess avid can decide...if they want to be industry standard or substandard...its been this way since pt9 right?